Monday, November 26, 2012

The first week provides intel.

One week in and I'm down one pound. I notice the judgments I have, both good and bad, about this "fact." It's "bad" because it's "only" one pound." It's "good" because the first week included Thanksgiving, etc. The truth is it's one pound. Everything else is noise.

I've learned some things from this first week of intel gathering. First, I eat a lot of prepared foods and, therefore, a lot of salt. Also, there's food I've been eating that sounds good for me but really isn't, i.e.: certain whole food bars that have qualities similar to candy bars. Lastly, while most of the success and failure in this endeavor will depend on what I eat, I've been getting away with minimal workouts.

The mission this week is to track better what I'm eating and make it contain more "real food." Also, I'm stepping up my workouts by about 20-30% in time and/or intensity. The most important thing is to not judge good or bad, but to see this as information gathering and intelligent responses to that intel. I'll let you know how that works out. By the way, people are donating and that's working out nicely. If you want to, go to http://www.crowdrise.com/agentforchange/fundraiser/ericruben/updated. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make your bid simply by entering a dollar amount ( more than the previous bidder) Any bid made *after* the end of the auction will *not* be taken.